Pinable Inspiration – Longwood Gardens

Go ahead, pin these photos. Nothing better for inspiration than a look at something nice.

Ferns

Whether walking through the cooling ferns or drooling over the beds of Columbine, Aquilegia…

Longwood Gardens

1001 Longwood Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348

ColumbineGarden

Volunteer dead heading the Columbine.

CircleGarden-2

LongwoodGardens

LongwoodConservatory

ConservatoryLongwood

LongwoodGardensSpring

This trip I visited 5 named gardens in the Greater Philadelphia region. I already posted on Winterthur in Delaware:

And the Morris Arboretum, The Long and Pretty Views at The Morris Arboretum, but this series of posts will look at inspirational images from: Scott Arboretum (also featured last year), Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, and Chanticleer (an eleven part series). One trip is never enough to these wonderful gardens. I visited the same time last year, but the bloom time is a bit different. Well designed gardens such as these will have beauty all year round, so seasonal visits are also recommended.

This entry was posted in garden and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Pinable Inspiration – Longwood Gardens

1. Ooh, I love the photos with the windows. They make me wish I was there.

2. So beautiful! I have always wanted to visit Longwood Gardens…mayb e sometime soon.

3. Reblogged this on Raising Milk and Honey and commented:
    Something to aim for?! 🙂

4. I LOVE your site! I come here now to dream and get inspired–THANK YOU!

5. Beautiful – love gardens and so need to go and explore one:) Happy Weekend!

6. Pinable and inspirational!!!!
    🙂

7. Jennifer says:

Very inspirational Donna. For fun I tried doing a few bumble bee shots the other day. They were moving so quickly that the camera was spinning in circles. I now have an even greater appreciation for all the amazing bee shots you include in your posts. Have a nice weekend!

It’s such a beautiful place! I feel lucky to be able to visit it as often as I do. I’m excited to see your post on Jenkins. A friend of mine was an intern/fellow there a few years ago, but I haven’t been to Jenkins since then.

9. Must see this garden.

10. Thanh Phong says:

so nice, want to come there one day

11. Brian Comeau says:

Wow!!! This is an amazing place!

12. awesome…
    peaceful place

13. Kevin says:

It’s been years since I visited, but it’s one of my favorite gardens. When I was there, I loved the mailboxes placed throughout so visitors could get information on the plantings. There was also a fountain there which I tried to replicate in my own garden. A magical place.

14. Graziella says:

Stunning building and equally stunning windows. The columns I like the best, must have taken alot of care to grow.

15. Inspiration indeed…I can’t wait to visit these gardens!!

16. Fergiemoto says:

I visited these gardens many years ago! They are quite beautiful!

17. mithriluna says:

Beautiful images. I was just there this past Friday. Magical place.