An Open Garden All About Summer

PoolHouse

This garden is a flower lover’s delight. Appearing in Garden Gate magazine in April 2012, the garden was only began in 2007. It has a future publication date with Country Gardens also.

1922Cottage

When you first see the home, you are amazed by the stonework on the property with vast rock beds with long defining walls of stone.

Various types of gardens and rooms are throughout the property. I will show those up next in Snyder Garden, a Little Bit Rock, a Little Bit Country. In that post you will see how the rock gardens integrate and set the tone for the scheme.

GardenFlowers

I know the gardeners like those garden closeups, but the wide-angle shots give an overview to the breadth of design.

Backyard

The property steps down with expertly designed terraces and flower beds sloping down inclines.

There is even a shade garden in this bright, sunny yard between the tall trees.

ShadeGarden

Turf is a nice foil for the colorful beds.

BackyardCircle

Pool

The pool is a focal point in this garden, and sets amongst the gardens.

Below, we are looking across the garden to the dovecot that you also see above.

Dovecoat

I think this garden was designed for summer fun with the large pool, cute pool house and inviting seating areas.

PoolsideSeating

PoolFence

The images are of the fence around the pool. They are nicely landscaped with cottage flowers.

SideFence

PoolWide

The 1922 home is adorable with the lush window boxes across the front facade.

WindowBoxes

When I told you the Buffalo area knows gardening, I was not kidding. I hope you agree.

FlowerBike

Next, we look closer at this property and some more of the design elements making it such a success.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Walks and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to An Open Garden All About Summer

1. I’ve been in this garden — it is one of the nicer ones n the area for color and layout! Delights around every corner. And the way they handled the front, along the road is great!

2. ah! your images give a sense of peace. the first one is perfect for an opening welcome to the post!
    the ones with the pools in the foreground remind me of the recipe for a good painting.. one has to have some calm to balance against the visual buzzzzzz, or the eye stays to busy trying to absorb everything!

these eyes had no problem absorbing the entire post. thanks for a refreshing time out from my day!

3. Lost Roses says:

That’s a lot of garden, and so many design elements! No haphazard planting here. Love the pool house photo, very inviting!

4. Phil Lanoue says:

Beautiful scenes! Love the use of the old bike.

5. I would like to to grow old in this garden.

6. You are so right. It is indeed a flower lover’s delight!
    How are you doing with the storms and how is your garden doing?

7. CCC says:

there are so many facets of the garden in your pix – I will look at them several times and see them newly again, I am sure!

What a wonderful place to spend the summer! I look forward to the magazine article; another reason to renew my subscription. I especially like the low stone walls. That is something I want very much in my own garden.

9. bittster says:

What a nice summertime garden. I love your daisy photo and all the color throughout this garden.

10. Very nice. A pool and a tasteful fence and landscaping around it–people so seldom combine these elements, so the pool often looks like an eyesore in the middle of the lawn. This is beautiful! The window boxes and all the other touches are great, too. Thanks for sharing!

11. Jennifer says:

I especially like the area around the shed. That bright colored door and the cheerful plantings makes it a standout. I also like the adirondack chairs and the floral pillows. I can imagine it would be nice to sit there after a dip in the pool.

12. Patty says:

The pool and flowers are definitely the mainstays of this garden. It is very colourful and yet is works well. It will be interesting to see what you choose to focus on next in the garden.

13. Lovely garden, so many charming elements.

14. rebecca says:

I agree….and look forward to seeing more!

15. Taking it all in through your photos. So beautiful.

16. ginnytalbert says:

What a total delight this garden is! Love that bold pink door on the garden shed.

What a lovely garden! It looks like a very nice place to spend the hot summer months.

18. Skeeter says:

Wow is all I can say. Now onto the Part 2 for me….

19. Sorry I am late getting to all your recent posts…I adore this garden especially that first picture!!

20. Fergiemoto says:

Wow, those are beautiful gardens! Wonderful images, Donna!

21. sharonftaylor says:

That first photo was a charmer! I like sunny gardens but also appreciate shade or dappled shade foliage gardens, with a winding tunnel of trees to meander through!