A Garden to Make You Say Wow

That or “I Do”

Lebraun-Front

The garden of an Amherst resident was open during the Snyder/Cleve-Hill Garden View held on Sunday, July 14th. this year. The homes in this area were built from 1910 to 1950. That is about the same era of my neighborhood as well.

LebraunFront-3

When this particular home was purchased, the homeowner decided that the beautiful home needed additional curb appeal.

With the help of a designer, she went about creating her lush gardens. She actually added so many plants and beds that the large home is barely visible from the street. Filling a large portion of the front yard, bed after bed reduced the expanse of grass, yet as you can see in the images, the grass is necessary to the design.

LebraunFront-7

The home sits at the end of a long drive landscaped with deep beds of trees, shrubs and various perennials. The gracious entry to the property is like a grand estate. This property would be wonderful for wedding photographs and…

FrontLebraun

The 2011 wedding of her son was held at the home. This was the motivation she needed to turn the backyard into a garden paradise to equal that of the front gardens.

LebraunRear-2

The back yard has a large inground pool, complete with a waterfall backed by you guessed it, more garden beds. A garden for entertaining, there are many intimate seating areas throughout the space.

LebraunRear-1

The property is about one and a third acres and as you can see, much of it is planted. I had a chance to talk with the owner and she was telling the story or her garden to many garden visitors. She invited me back to see other plants that were yet to bloom. I have not found the time, but would love to see this garden in other seasons as well.

LebraunPool-2

This property is so special, it was my favorite despite seeing so many exceptional gardens. Enjoy the images, I bet you get a lot of ideas for your own gardens from this talented woman and her beautiful gardens. I have extended this garden post to show more of this wonderful property coming up. This post is to whet your appetite for more that you will see in garden beds and ornament details.

LebraunRear-8

Notice the containers in the above image. Are they not the most unusual? See the street clock too? Ideas… like the colorful planted watering can below.

Lebraun-9

In the next post on this garden, you will see…

Bet you can’t wait now!

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Walks and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A Garden to Make You Say Wow

1. alesiablogs says:

I love looking at gardens. It is a good way to think about how I can change mine up some! : )

2. Lovely garden, especially since it has a lot of plants. Beautiful stonework and not too much of it.

3. b-a-g says:

So many bloggers are contemplating getting rid of their lawns, but this post confirmed that I’ll be keeping mine for a while longer. It’s almost too nice for a wedding … maybe a golden anniversary.

4. Anne Boykin says:

Thanks for showing us some of this beautiful garden. I’m looking forward to seeing more. I love the stonework.

5. WOW indeed!!! You are right, this garden deserves an extended presentation…
    …can’t wait!
    🙂 Happy weekend, Donna.

6. Oh wow indeed so much thought and design has gone into this, with stunning results. Thanks for showing us another garden. x

7. Charlotte House says:

Oh my!! Just beautiful! Would you be able to take me with you if you ever return?

8. Phil Lanoue says:

Wow is right! What a location!

9. Very lush and colorful. I like that the beds are all raised and edged in stone.

Yes, “Wow” is right! What a lovely place to have a wedding or to spend an afternoon. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it!

11. I really enjoyed the walking tour of the private residence of your friend. Your posts are always so full of good ideas and tips.

12. Wow wow wow indeed !! I just love that swimmingpool area and the grey pots with the lips !!!! and all the rest !

13. bittster says:

Everything looks so lush and well grown, it sure is a colorful oasis! I’m looking forward to seeing the “other” side of this garden.

14. I love the long gardens trimmed by the grass…such sweeping vistas make for a gorgeous setting.

15. ZielonaMila says:

Great pictures, great garden, I like to enjoy the place 🙂 Regards

16. Andrea says:

Oh yes it is really a WOW! I thought you are the landscape architect/designer of that one!

17. Kalyan says:

simply beautifully captured shots…lovely!

18. Wonderful gardens! But I must admit my favorites are those face-planters! I love how the flowers spill over like unruly hair.

19. littlepinkdove says:

Gorgeous photos and enchanting, lush gardens! Love the whimsical lip planters and the stonescaping.

20. Jennifer says:

After seeing part 2 I had to scroll down and find part 1. What a lovely garden!

21. sharonftaylor says:

Especially loved the little shady sitting area in the back!