Visitors – Love Niagara Falls State Parks

HorseshoeFalls

Horseshoe Falls

Did you ever take notice where your visitors originate? I always thought most of my viewers were from places I have never been, but yesterday, I opened an app on my blog to see which states and cities from where they came.

I learned there is a Buffalo, Lewiston, Amherst, Hamburg, and Rochester in Minnesota. The only other Niagara Falls is in Ontario, which I know well.

KidsOnTalusRock

Kids on large Talus Rock at base of the American Falls

To my surprise, I have quite a few local viewers, but even more surprising, I have a number from where I am from originally. I did not know I had so many Pennsylvania viewers, especially those from my former hometown. A big “Hi” to y’all.

BaseOfAmerFalls

American Falls

I have gone out of my way to not really ‘advertise’ my blog locally to those I know, yet the word is out in Buffalo. I was even shocked by how many (lots) are from Niagara Falls too. I guess they are not so interested in these images though!

In a way, this time of year brings an influx of local readers because I photograph so many local gardens and report on the Garden Walks weekly. Some want to see what is happening in their communities.

NiagaraFallsSummer2013

Niagara Falls

One thing that also surprised me, was how many countries I have never heard of before. My gosh this made me want to find out where in the world places like Eritrea and Djibouti are located. Now I know they are neighbors to each other and to Sudan and Ethiopia (which I did know).

TalusRock

Talus Rock at base of Falls

I was astounded to find out I had many visits (143) from the Islamic Republic of Iran, and 18 different cities/Provinces in that country, some I heard of, others not. I now realize their access to the web must be greater than I thought.

MaidOfTheMistBoat

Maid of the Mist Boat

It really makes one think the world a smaller place, a world to hope people have more things in common that can make them work out differences. Finding we may care about the same things, finding we see beauty in the same things can spark a way to respect each other.

WhirlpoolBridge

Whirlpool Bridge between the US and Canada

I know that is a part of the world I will never visit, yet I know there must be much beauty. Why it is unsafe to visit? What do you think? Congress thinks …

EnjoyingASnack

Concession stand in Niagara Falls State Park

“The truth is that addressing hunger, disease and human misery abroad is a cost-effective way of making America safer at home,” said Rep. Howard L. Berman, California Democrat (2011). Countries like Venezuela, Cuba, China, Syria, and Iran receive some foreign assistance. (source)

USFlag

Many of these countries don’t even like us either. Do you think US money is a poor substitute for genuine kindness and compassion? Or do you think countries like these deserve or even need our dollars? Getting views from these countries really made me think.

CanadianSide

Niagara River looking across to Niagara Falls, Canada.

I really learned something about my blog and other places in the world. I hope to share my local nature with those that will never see Niagara Falls and all that it offers.

Trolley

Niagara River

Happy blogging to those worldwide and a big hi to those in my own area. Now off into the mist… then off to hit the wilderness trails of Niagara, next.

CanadianCormorant

Cormorant

This entry was posted in garden, Niagara Falls and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Visitors – Love Niagara Falls State Parks

1. lucindalines says:

I love your pictures and your comments. I never realized we could find out which states in the US were checking out our blog. As for other countries, I really feel that if there were a way for common everyday people to get to know each other and be friends lots of the hatred in this world would end. Of course it seems that all the other countries know of us as Americans is that we try to make money off everything we do, and we exploit too many others while doing it. Ok, enough of my political thoughts. I loved this post.

2. ginnietom says:

glorius view…:-)))

3. alesiablogs says:

I hope one day to visit your beautiful area. Thank you so much for sharing a part of your geography with us crazy bloggers! Alesia

4. Just looking at your photographs reminds me of when I visited Niagara Falls.

5. Loved this post! We are planning a trip to the Falls now, perfect timing!

6. vlibero says:

Mi avete riportato al lontano 1999, posto fantastico. Io ero dalla parte canadese e ho trovato quei luoghi pieni di fascino.

“I have been brought back to 1999, great place. I was on the Canadian side and I found those places full of charm.”

7. Beautiful shots, Donna! I was very young [13] when I visited the Falls [from Canada / Ontario], but I still remember the breathtaking views and deafening “whitenoise”!
    Happy Friday, my dear!!
    🙂

8. acuriousgal says:

I remember going here with my parents when I was younger. Such beautiful pics!!

9. Jess Renard says:

It’s an amazing experience. Adore that place.

10. It can be a small world and yet so big at the same time. Having travel to many countries and running into people I know in obscure places really does make the world seem small sometimes. And yet there are so many cultural difference and some just don’t seem to be able to get along. I think nature can often be a common ground that can bring people together in a happy way. Stunning shots by the way!

11. Pat says:

Beautiful views.

12. I also adore my followers from near and far blogging is an amazing thing. I swear some could learn a lot about beauty and compassion by stopping by so many wonderful blogs. I has been an eye opener to me as well Enjoy your weekend!

13. Enjoyed your photos and your commentary. The problems you discussed seem so large and insoluble, but I think people just have to start doing positive things and maybe garden blogging is one small part.

14. zippyniknok says:

Hello!!!! I have never seen such beautiful pictures.You are lucky to live in a beautiful area.
    As i live in UK i have never seen Niagara Falls.Good luck in future!!!!!

15. I would love to see where exactly my US readers live. I enjoy having readers all over the world, but I would like to have a concentration in the Chicago area. As to Iran, I understand from some Iranian-American friends that there are lots of people there, especially the young and educated, who are extremely unhappy with their government and are not hostile to the US.

16. Denise says:

World Wide Garden Walk, Garden talk!

17. These photos remind me of when I saw the glorious falls…such a wonderful marvel of nature…and they are in your own backyard! Thank you for the tour and bringing back such fond memories of a wonderful place!

18. Victor Ho says:

Hey, I lived in Lewiston for a while. It’a not a hotbed of travel. And there aren’t too many people about 30k and falling. So you must have had some folks stuffing the ballot box. And the closest I’ve been is about 40 miles to your east in NY, when I attended my daughter’s state rugby championship. Soooo close…. and she refused to drive over to see the falls. It would have been a great photo op… but nnoooo. And she’s turned into a great underwater photographer. Who’d have guessed?

19. Kalyan says:

simply beautifully captured shots…lovely!

20. It is great to see how we impact the world even a little…I believe in that little ripple metaphor.

Yes, blogging really highlights how small the world is! “Hello” from Pennsylvania!

22. Les says:

Please tell me that Rep. Berman plans to run for president.

23. sharonftaylor says:

Majestic! Originally from Pennsylvania now in Chicago land area. I miss the east and Allegheny mountains most in October! …although the fragrant clover covered mountains in June is a close runner up.