A Bird in the Hand

YellowWarbler

Yellow Warbler

So cute… so soft… so delicate… so colorful… so the question is… why is the bird in the hand?

YellowWarblerWing

Common Yellowthroat

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Brown-headedCowbird

ReleaseCowbird

See why Sunday….

This entry was posted in garden and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Bird in the Hand

1. shehreyar says:

beautiful

2. Patrick says:

Never saw you as the big tease type…until now. Better be worth the build up, Donna.

3. ginnietom says:

suppose a visit of ornithological station, otherwise unnatural behavior…

4. AW gorgeous photos, can’t wait to read more now! They don’t even look stressed.

5. All so cute, fluffy, and vulnerable.

6. Hmmmm, I wonder!!!!
    🙂
    Happy weekend, my dear!

7. Every year the request goes out for volunteers to help count and band birds. Maybe this is the year I volunteer to work with the group watching over our hummingbirds. The photos are wonderful, it must be a great experience.

Lost photos of some of nature’s beauty.

9. janechese says:

wonderful photos of these beautiful birds! Actually seeing some in the open after being secretive , I suppose, during their molting time. I have missed the little creatures.

10. Andrea says:

Hi Donna, in that first pictr]ure i thought the leg was broken because of the foot being held that way. Then with all the shots later, i think they are birds already time for release to the wild. Lovely shots of course, as always.

11. Splendid – I get to have a few birds in the hand most years – waders and sea birds, rather the warblers and such, but it’s always great.

Cheers – Stewart M – Melbourne

12. I would love to do this…such precious critters!

Great pictures! We love birds.

14. A bird in the hands is always a miracle.

15. sharonftaylor says: