Meadow Moments

MeadowGrasses

Find the peace and pass it on… calmness is contagious.

Essex-Skipper

This is what I like about early Autumn. It is the calm, the peace over the landscape. The peacefulness of place tugs and pulls.

Red-Gerbera

And when the season of summer winds down, the world of everything awaits. Things are more interesting, more intoxicating.

Clover

Things that don’t matter, just do. Creativity seems heightened. Things that have no real beauty just seem to scream that they do. Plants just pop and explode.

Puff-Balls

Erechtites hieracifolia

Each year, fall seems to come in too slow then rush to the next season, one filled with festivities and families. Thanksgiving and Halloween are both Fall events, and they begin a season of heightened activity.

WildMonarda

I see Summer in that way, a time when too many things happen. I think that is why I like winter after the New Year so much, the calm returns, the landscape rests.

Leaf-Falling

As we fall into the season of down, Autumn calls out for reflection. It asks for a peace to come over the landscape, and brings a time to find beauty in things passing. But just for a moment it seems, then all the commotion of the holidays comes rushing right in.

Find the calm and peacefulness to start your day. Calm is contagious, like the falling leaves, catch some today, even just for a moment.

Canada-Goose

This entry was posted in Art, garden and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Meadow Moments

1. acuriousgal says:

Donna….your photos are perfection!!!!

2. Beautiful, Donna! I had a moment of this calm the other day, when the morning sun was filtering through a light fog through the trees. It took my breath away, and I didn’t want the moment to pass. Enjoy these days!

3. Nick Hunter says:

Very nice, text and photos.

4. It does seem much quieter. The kids are back in school, there isn’t as much activity in the neighborhood during the day and nature itself seems quieter. Wonderful photos.

5. arlene says:

Wonderful shots, love them all!

6. Kevin says:

A very meditative pause after a hectic week. Thanks for taking us along.

7. Fall is the mellow season.Everything slows down, which can be a relief. Which is a good thing, because at last we have time to plant bulbs!

8. What a wonderful autumn treat, my dear Donna! 🙂

9. A wonderful series! You have a special gift for Fall.

10. Brieuse Bernhard Piers-Gûdmönd says:

Hi – I nominated you for The One Lovely Blog Award: http://bbgoodman.wordpress.com/awards/
    If you don’t “do” awards that’s fine. I hope you don’t mind my having put a link to your site from mine!

11. Carolyn says:

I could really use a slooow season. I’m in search of calm. Our season of Summer left with a bang… September 26… snow in my mountains. Thankfully it has stayed up there. Leaves haven’t even begun to change down here in the foothills.

12. Fae Moon says:

How lovely! Your photos are breathtaking! I love Autumn for the some of the same reasons you like the time after the New Year. For me, Autumn is when things slow down. It begins a season of reflection in our home, followed by winter’s planning season. It’s a time when the world seems to pause for me as the landscape bursts with colors that call me outdoors again after the smothering heat of summer that ran me inside to the comforts of air conditioning! Your blog is lovely and I very much enjoyed the visit!

13. Pat says:

Such beautiful early fall images.

14. b-a-g says:

I know what you mean. I’m enjoying what’s left in the garden without stressing about planting anything new. I’m done for this year.

15. Lovely sentiment as I agree about autumn and calm…love my garden and meadow this time of year.

16. Bom says:

Wonderful set of photos, Donna, especially the fireweed.

I love early autumn! That goose is great.