Color Your Tuesday in Fall

Welcome to Color My World Tuesday, a day to look around at what colors the world happy.

ColorTuesday

Fall took its good old-time arriving here in Western New York, but it did not disappoint.

CanadaShoreline

Autumn is a time of year that shines in the Northeast if it sticks around long enough before winter sets in. We still have daytime temps in the upper 50’s and 60’s, with night-time in the upper 30’s to upper 40’s. Tonight is our first freeze if it even hits the City. The sugars are moving in the trees to give us some nice color.

RiverBrink

Each year I show the color in the State Parks because that is where the big trees grow. Also because with the dry summers, trees around the Falls benefit from all the mist the Falls stirs up.

Canada-Fall

The trees growing in the Niagara Gorge will soon be bare. Some are already.

3-Sisters-Island

I did something different this year in my hunt for pretty Fall leaves which you will see coming up. I looked for them before they hit the ground, trapped like an insect caught in a web.

One year I captured them in photos dropping to the ground, stopping their fall midair in the post, Literally, It’s Fall. Another year, I turned them into art in Lotsa Leaves and Leaves Have Color, Too.

CanadaGorgeFaceThe Niagara River and a stormy sky.

The wind sang a shrill song and the leaves danced a tango.  Earlier in the day, before I went on the Maid of the Mist boat tour, the skies were blue. They quickly filled with clouds. Later in the afternoon, the same thing happened, bright blue skies became a quick carpet of rolling clouds.

Autumn-Color

Such is Western New York, a place where weather prediction is an art.

Park-Trees

The park meadow is turning tawny browns and gold, and all the insect life is still.

Upper-River

Through-the-Trees

Sun always makes the leaves glow. Playing peek-a-boo with the sun today made me be quick on the shutter. In one minute, the sun gone the next.

WhiteSnakeroot

Now that you took the kaleidoscope of color tour… make sure to stop back for Leaves Stuck in Nature’s Limbo. It is another Fall post loaded with color.

Trees-at-Park

This entry was posted in garden, Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls State Parks and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Color Your Tuesday in Fall

1. You’ve captured fall wonderfully in your photo essay! The leaves are late to change here too. I am still waiting although I do see the odd maple or two starting to burst into color. I hope we will see the leaves change before they all fall to the ground. I love the dramatic skies you captured.

2. The colors are not as vibrant here either, weird fall. We have already had a freeze but it only got the most sensitive plants.

3. Mike says:

Thanks for the photos. We visited Niagara two years ago and enjoyed it so much. What a fantastic photo opportunity especially in the Fall!

4. Autumn, to me, is the most beautiful season and I need no more than your shots to justify it!
    Happy Autumn Tuesday, Donna.

5. I like your leaf photos, but I love the tree trunks and the sun on the water. They’re evocative.

6. alesiablogs says:

We had the most beautiful fall this year. In the over 2 years I have lived in Seattle, I have not been disappointed. The reds in the leaves were especially spectacular. Hope you don’t mind me sharing here with you:

7. alesiablogs says:

I have lived over 20 years in Seattle. That one zero I missed makes a difference in my last post!

8. mazza18467 says:

I just love the changing colors in autumn. golden leafs, silver waterdrops, how rich we are .

9. dianaed2013 says:

What a treat – I can see why people save up to go to America to see the colours – in England of course they are still pretty but not quite so vibrant

10. janechese says:

Like the mix of oranges and reds with the green and golds/yellows. And the skies and waters just add to the abundance of colour, as in the fifth and last one. Nice to see how things are shaping up in the east..

11. Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures, as usual. Our fall seems a bit drab so far. Many leaves are staying green longer than usual, then quickly turning brown and falling.

12. Phil Lanoue says:

I’m really seriously loving that river and stormy sky image!
    Not much in the way of fall color here, we have mostly pines along the coast.

13. bittster says:

Beautiful pictures! You did find some nice colors even with the dry weather. Things here just dried up and fell, not a lot of ahhhhh moments.

14. Diane says:

Stunning photographs…absolutely stunning. You so beautifully capture the essence of Fall and all its wonder and beauty. It makes me miss Michigan even more. Thank you for sharing.

15. Sue Link says:

Beautiful fall colors and I loved the last picture especially with the blue-green water! What a treat that you share with us your beautiful photos!

Oh, what beautiful pictures! Fall has taken a long time to arrive in my area, too. Several of the trees in my backyard haven’t changed color yet.

17. This is a different autumn here, with less color than usual. But still beautiful as you show. Love the picture through the trees. P. x

18. cindy knoke says:

These are gorgeous. I couldn’t find where to comment on your peonies. They are just gorgeous. The shot with the wasp was simply incredible! Bravo~

19. Woah…that last image caught me by surprise and took my breath away! I missed the peak of color here when I was in London. Oh well… 😉 You capture the light so perfectly, Donna!

20. Beautiful, Donna. I like your new “Poster Day” concept featuring a specific theme for different days of the week.

21. When we lived in upstate NY (Watertown) we had a massive red maple in our front yard. I think it must have been as old as the house, which was built in 1895. It was such a glorious tribute to the passing seasons. Fall here has been disappointing as far as color goes, so I”m enjoying your wonderfully autumn hued photos. 🙂

22. Emily Heath says:

The last photo is particularly spectacular.

23. Fall did not disappoint there in WNY. The leaves are gone here and it is cold. That last picture is my favorite.

24. Fergiemoto says:

Such beautiful autumn images! I just love the vibrant colors of the season.