Serenity Sunday – Walk the Golden Niagara Gorge Rim

Whirlpool-2

Let’s walk the Niagara Trail…

Whirlpool-4

So many paths, so many golden trees…

Whirlpool-3

Pick a path…

Whirlpool-5

The walk into the woods brightens up as we near the gorge and meadows.

Whirlpool-6

Autumn glows in Western New York and Southern Ontario.

FallColor

Even baby Maples, Poplars, Sumac, Sycamore, Birch, Sweet Gum, and Oaks flaunt color.

Young-Oak

The path winds as all good paths do…

Whirlpool-7

The trail leads to views of the river from atop the gorge. Long paths take you down to the river.

Niagara-River-Fall

Let’s look closer…

Whirlpool-8

See the tiny gulls?

Whirlpool-9

The cliffs are steep, the trail hard to navigate and I have taken you down here many times before. You see lots of rock and a closer view of the river. It is nicer in Summer and even in Winter by the river. So let’s go back up and visit a meadow.

Whirlpool-11

These meadows punctuate the trail through the trees. They are great places for wildlife and areas to catch a few of the sun’s rays. See what I brought home for a project for Saturday.

It is getting late in the day with a storm rolling in… I’m hitting the trail home.

Whirlpool-12

Glad you came along. It is nice to have the company.

Whirlpool-10

This entry was posted in garden, Niagara Falls State Parks and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Serenity Sunday – Walk the Golden Niagara Gorge Rim

1. Jardin says:

Absolutely stunning photos of lovely autumn colour. Thank you!

2. Beautiful walk. I love the area around the gorge that I visit regularly through your photos. It is gorge-ous at every time of year (I couldn’t resist).

3. wow…still autumn there!

I would love to walk those trails, and now, in a way, I feel I have.

5. Me agrada su foto

Les felicito

Elhiot

6. Hope says:

I didn’t want to leave this wonderland. How beautiful! Thank you for taking us there! 🙂

7. Hope says:

I forgot to mention that I love your new header photo. Very nice!

8. The autumn color is beautiful, of course, but what really captures my imagination is the gorge – so dramatic! The steep and craggy cliffs and stony shores … And we have nothing like it around here.

9. Oh, my, Donna … I have just had a most incredible walk!!! Thank you, my dear!
    Happy Sunday and new week coming.
    🙂

10. “Glows” is certainly the right word! Wow. I almost hear the leaves rustling in the pulse of these images. And I really like the “frame” of taking us for a walk with you. You achieved that feel with the photos and your narration. Hope there was a warm drink waiting for you at home.

11. Phil Lanoue says:

Outstanding fall scenes! River views are amazing! Love them all.

12. Pat says:

What a tour! Beautiful fall colors.

13. Oh my, what gorgeous autumn splendor. Thanks for taking me along. Blessings, Natalie 🙂

14. connie661 says:

Gorgeous!

15. Mac says:

Oh, those colours are wonderful! What a beautiful walk!

16. Rose says:

So, so beautiful, Donna! These vistas would motivate me to walk every day. Thanks for taking us along!

17. Denise says:

Wow, that cliff IS steep! Scary. Have you been all the way up. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area.

18. By far this is one of my favorite spots you have taken us to many times and each time it is as beautiful as the next….

19. mariekeates says:

Beautiful colours in the trees and that river is so green. I love the way my own river changes colour with the mood of the sky.

20. Roger Brook says:

We had great autumn colour, (or should I say Fall colour?) here in UK York this year until we had very severe gales two weeks ago. Your autumn colour is fantastic and is renowned over here.

21. Layanee says:

I do love the golden days of fall. What a lovely walk. Thank you.

22. Indie says:

What a nice walk! Thanks for taking us there, if only briefly. It looks like such a beautiful spot.

23. What a gorgeous walk! Thank you for taking me on your journey. Loved the shot of the cliff.

24. Sue Link says:

Beautiful pictures Donna! I especially loved the beautiful colored trees, the picture of the rocks in the gorge, and the winding paths! Just loved it!

25. A beautiful fall series, Donna. Really like your new autumnal banner!