Color My World Tuesday

Light--Shadow

Is Fall only about the colorful leaves? I love this time of year for just that, but we miss out focusing on just the obvious.

Whirlpool-1

Other stuff happens too…

CarolinaWren

Carolina Wren

Birds are migrating and deer are getting frisky. Animals add a lot to Autumn.

Chipmunk

We miss out if we hurry the season. Autumn is always being rushed it seems. Even the rodents are rushing, but they have a very good reason.

PAFall-2

As Fall shifts into low gear, people put it in high gear. The holidays make people impatient and hurried.

FernBirchBark

Hurrying the season to get to the next is a bit curious though.

lakes

MapleLeafFallen

Some pine for renewal in Spring, but renewal begins now as each leaf falls.

SnowDusting

I watch Fall as it slowly transforms into Winter. I like things as they are.

PAFall

Maple-Leaf

Touching things found in nature adds a deeper patience for each season. Brushing a hand over the tawny grass heads or feeling the soft silk of a milkweed are not winter experiences.  It makes sense to take in the experiences before us.

MilkweedSeed

Each change celebrates the wonder of life itself, each experience a gift.

GardenIce

Color your world in fulfillment and patience.

This entry was posted in garden and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Color My World Tuesday

1. meander1 says:

Your beautiful photos and eloquent prose are always like a mini vacation for me. I guess I’ve been a silent admirer up to this point but there was just somethings about today’s tribute to autumn that inspired me to break my silence. Thank you for all your wonderful posts.

2. Andrea says:

Hi Donna, i haven’t been here for a while. I recall our first “blog-meet” was autumn a few years back, when you asked me about oak. That was a long time ago, and a lot of things already happened in between. I’ve always been a fan of your posts and photography, now those wide angle shots of canopy mosaics are so beautiful for me, because i haven’t seen them in person.

Thanks for the kind words for me and my countrymen, i am sure positive thoughts and love concern mingles in the ether to pacify the spirit of the depressed. God bless you.

3. acuriousgal says:

So gorgeous, Donna…you’ve done the transformation from Fall to Winter proud!!

Hi Donna, I spent the day on my farm tractor doing some chores. I was treated to many of the same views which you captured so beautifully in this post. Though it was cold, in the low 30’s, I was thinking what a shame it is that people rush the seasons so much. Your post is the reminder we all need to slow down and enjoy what we have.

5. Jardin says:

A lovely post with beautiful images, thank you!

6. Barbara says:

I love your colours of Fall. Gives a totally different perspective of live – time to wind down. Every season has its beauties! Thank you!

7. I totally agree that we rush the seasons. Halloween was so mild that the trick-or-treaters didn’t have to cover up their costumes with winter jackets. The next day I walked into a store that was playing Christmas music! We’re still working in our gardens– why should we be longing for snow? Then by Jan. 2 people are tired of winter. If we were more in tune with the seasons, people would be more content. Beautiful photos!

8. Love the photos. I am a spring person, but I love the fall as well. All of the seasons resonate in each of us, and it’s nice to remember that. A friend called it the turning of the tides.

9. My dear Donna, you have colored mine too! 🙂

10. Carolyn says:

Thank you Donna… well expressed sentiments I share. I refuse to rush through November just to get to December. Takin’ it slow here and enjoying this season.

11. Phil Lanoue says:

Fantastic images! The chipmunk has to be the cutest animal on the face of the earth.

12. lucindalines says:

Beautiful, love the idea of touching the foliage.

13. What a lovely, lovely post. I enjoyed it very much.

14. I would never rush fall–I do not look forward to winter. Unfortunately, fall rushed itself this year–at least at the end. Your photos are absolutely stunning–as always!

15. Oh, I am defintely for autumn sticking around for as long as possible. I like having four seasons, but I think in my ideal calendar it would last only about 6 weeks. Yes, that would be enough.

16. Winter, that is. Winter should last about 6 weeks.

17. Pat says:

Lovely images of fall.

18. Beatiful post and photos favorite was the Wren 🙂

19. VeronicaBud says:

Excellent post and photos that capture the fall season beautifully!

20. bittster says:

Beautiful pictures and you’ve really captured some wonderful vignettes, but I still just want fall to be over with! …. I know, I know, but I so much look forward to spring, longer days, and sunshine 🙂

21. Donna these beautiful images brought back the slow lovely fall that is now gone….I try not to rush any season especially now with the holidays.