What’s Up Saturday – Flowers Inside

FallGardenBouquet

Walking in the woods, it is easy to return with things to liven the home.  If you saw my last post, Death of a Season, you know not to stop and take from the cottage of the Three Little Bears.  The hollowed birch bark, found just shy of the bear’s cottage, was used as a “vase” for the garden flowers picked in early November.

DriedArrangement

But sometimes, staying at home is the most bear-free choice to make. The garden has plenty of browning flowers to pop in oasis for an arrangement to bring the outdoors in.

ArrangementDry

Keeping my frogs feeling homey, I filled the container on the coffee table.

Living-Room-1

In the kitchen where the porridge is cooling, I have flowers gracing the windowsill. But, since seeing them is “just not right,”

Kitchen4Arrangements

Here, each of them are individually shown.
Cheer up your home by a trip outside. Add a few florist flowers if much has gone “bear” outside.

Kit.Arrangement-1 Kit.Arrangment-2 KitArrangement-3 KitArrangement-4

I like my kitchen cheery.

KitchenArrangemt

Pick up a few Gerbera daisies, Solidago, fern, Kermit mums and dried Statice to add cheer. I grow these lime green mums, but hit by hard weather, I picked most last week for arrangements. The Golden Rod was used in the post Pick Your Weeds – Don’t Pull Them Just Yet.  I cut my flowers for arrangements all growing season, do you?

WhatsUpSaturdayMacro-Monday

On Monday we have the theme for Monday – Macro Monday – Welcome to Wonderland.  It looks at things as Alice might have… stop back as Monday goes to the world of little.

Grasshead

This entry was posted in Floral Arrangements, garden and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to What’s Up Saturday – Flowers Inside

1. Beautiful arrangements. It’s so wonderful to have flowers in the house.

2. dianaed2013 says:

You are always inspiring – I used to do flower arranging and you have revitalized my interest especially as you have great photos on your blog

3. Love the row of four clear vases!

4. Pat says:

Such beautiful arrangements. It’s difficult to have flowers in the house when you have two mischievous cats.

5. Hope says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love your arrangements and your house! 🙂

6. Sue Link says:

Your arrangements are just gorgeous (and so is your house)! I should have clipped some of my mums for arrangements before the frost got to them. I’ve never seen the lime green mums. They are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing and inspiring us. Sue

7. I almost never pick my flowers even though I intend to. I am just never inside except when the season is over. I will have to make more of an effort.

8. Your flower arrangements are so beautiful, Donna! Happy weekend, my dear! 🙂

9. I love that first arrangement with the birch bark. Great combination of the scabiosa with the red pennisetum.

10. ginnytalbert says:

Lots of sweet bouquets! I, too, love bringing in little fists-full of whatever is blooming. They do so lift the spirits! do you have a gazillion little containers for your bouquets like I do??

Beautiful arrangements, Donna. Bringing the outdoors in is a sure picker-upper for the winter months. Love the birch vase.

12. bittster says:

Brown flowers have never looked better! Having them mixed with green foliage looks great and I’ll have to try it some day. thanks!

13. Lovely, lovely arrangements Donna. Yes, it is one of my favorite things to do, too. It’s amazing how many plants–from all seasons–look great in arrangements.

14. Wow, the last photo of the grass seed head is stunning! Blessings, Natalie 🙂

15. catmint says:

lovely flower arrangements. I find arranging flowers a very calming, meditative activity. I guess the charm is, in contrast to the garden, you do get instant results.

16. mariekeates says:

I especially like the brown arrangement. I rarely cut flowers for indoors but your post has made me think again

17. Everything elegant! (If I were to grow Golden Rod, it wouldn’t be counted as a weed. Shows how growing conditions affect our attitudes to plants!)

Oh, these are such lovely arrangements! Flowers really brighten up a room.

19. Chrissy says:

Just georgous. What more can I say?

20. You have every corner of creativity cornered. To-die-for arrangements.

21. Beauty everywhere your eyes settle. Lovely! Margie

22. I keep saying I am going to cut more flowers to bring indoors but I never do…I love wandering amongst them…but maybe finally this year I will take the plunge.