Niagara Falls Almost Frozen – Nighttime Photos

Frozen-Falls

I thought you might like a quick post to see Niagara Falls where the water is frozen in places. I went across the bridge tonight to snap a few long exposure images.

Frozen-Niagara-Falls

I did a 30 second exposure so you could see more of the ice. Niagara Falls never freezes, but you can see the Lower River filled with ice.

NFOntario

The lights change color on the Falls at night as you see in each image. Above is Niagara Falls, Canada. I took daylight photos of the ice breaker boats breaking up the ice in the river. You will see that this weekend.

Niagara-Falls-Frozen-at-Night

Sunday, want more ice? Duckdom, the conclusion.

This entry was posted in Niagara Falls and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Niagara Falls Almost Frozen – Nighttime Photos

1. ginnietom says:

faved No. 1…:-)))

2. Hope says:

That is awesome, Donna! Thanks for braving the cold so we could see this! 🙂

3. Nice images, Donna. Blessings, Natalie 🙂

4. Pearl says:

Just beautiful!!

5. That is incredible! I’ve been enjoying all the miraculous photos from Lake Michigan, too–from the comfort of my warm home. Thanks for braving the elements to share these amazing scenes!

6. Somehow looks much more dramatic than the ice on Lake Michigan.

7. Very nice! You must have been pretty cold. I wonder how much damage all that ice will cause.

8. CC says:

Absolutely enchanting! (What kind of outer wear/base clothing do you have? I cannot imagine how chilly you were!)

9. janechese says:

Stunning, with the snow and the lights. I remember they shone the lights on the falls when I was a kid but have never seen the falls so frozen..

10. franzisofie says:

Really cool! I’ve never seen the Niagara Falls but I definitely have to go there! Your photos are great!

11. Spectacular! I have to get some nighttime photos!

12. Your photos are beautiful!! The Canadian side of the falls has sure changed since I was there in the early 90s!

13. The falls are a great focus for all seasons, but winter is wonderful.

14. You are so fortunate to live so close to the falls. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photographs!

15. kcg1974 says:

Ive never seen it otherwise, but so lovely.

16. Joe Owens says:

I love photos like this. I think Niagra Falls sis something I definitely want to experience in the next five years. When i was driving a school bus to supplement and buy insurance during my days as a greenhouse owner the lake on my route developed some large sheets of ice on it. At that time i was not blogging so did not consider photographing it. I did make sure the children on the bus paid attention and explained the water underneath was still flowing, although slowly.

17. Within the last hour CNN showed video of the almost-frozen falls and the dangerous ice build-up in the river.

18. mariekeates says:

How lovely. I’d love to see the falls, frozen or otherwise.

19. Annette says:

wow, hard to imagine what it takes for something like Niagara to freeze – great images as usual!

20. lucindalines says:

Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and your area. I saw something about it on our news, but knew that what you showed us would be much better and more reliable. Blessings your way.

21. Andre T says:

waahh, colorfull snow 😀
    i like your pics

22. Andre T says:

btw, i need suggestion on my new blog http://worldfortraveller.wordpress.com
    i just read that you want an active link too
    thanks buddy