Niagara Falls in Ice Through the Day

Falls3-6-14

The Falls day to night… all that ice.

HorseshoeFallsIced

At 1:30pm.

people-at-Falls

As the sun sets at 6pm, the Falls gets a few late day rays.

Falls-at-6

Falls-at-Dusk-3-6

Waiting on the lights.

Dusk-at-Falls

The night really makes the Falls look frozen, and yes it was cold at 15°F at 7pm.

FallsNight

This entry was posted in Travel, Winter and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Niagara Falls in Ice Through the Day

1. bittster says:

Beautiful pictures and fascinating time lapse. Yes, that’s a lot of ice! I was up there about 15 years ago and remember ice climbing up the American falls…. Not nearly that high though!
    I think it might be time for a return visit. I just wish I didn’t have to go through the trouble of passports for the kids and renewing my own!
    Frank

2. Hope says:

The “after dark” photo is absolutely breathtaking! I’ve thought of you the past few days as the frozen Niagara reports were on the news. Thank you for braving the cold for us! Also, your last post brings hope of spring warmth. I love the way the ladies paint their houses in pastel colors to compliment their flowers and gardens. It seems that whole neighborhoods join in, and their combined efforts are amazing! …and, so is your photography of them. Thank you!

3. richa0112 says:

Clicks and the patience to click them…just awesome

4. That last photo is beautiful. The falls are part of your being.

5. Wow, astonishing! That is a lot of ice.

6. Stephi says:

Beautiful shots! I thought of your posts when they had on our local news that Niagara Falls had frozen over for the second time this winter.

7. janechese says:

It is a pretty sight at any time but that night shot is magical.Everything is so white and clean with the snow and frost. We got a sciff of snow twice in the last two days but mostly old ice coats the streets and back alleys and the temps are getting warmer, just under zero which is a pleasant respite from -30 celsius.

8. Victor Ho says:

Impressive photos with the snow and ice, mother nature vs mother nature. I always knew Buffalo got a lot of snow. And 15 degrees… I am positively gleeful that I have missed winter in NY this year.

9. randomrose says:

Fantastic photography, the last one is stunnning.

10. Alisha says:

These pictures are so incredibly stunning, I don’t know where to begin responding. Incredible work ..thanks for sharing..

Wow! The Falls truly are a wonder of the world. Your photos are amazing!

12. Tony says:

Fantastic captures and now I’ve finally caught up with your blog, onto my others. It’s a tough life, with so much to read. I would go out but nope, I feel under so under the weather, I’ll stick to reading and looking at all those many articles online.

13. milliontrees says:

Last week Brian Williams showed pics of Niagara and said the falls were frozen. Nope, I said to myself, Donna says they never freeze. Thanks, Donna.

14. Ooooh, spectacular! It looks so pleasant at 1:30 p.m. and so cold at sunset! I was outside yesterday shoveling in just a sweater close to noon because the sun felt so warm, but by 2:30 p.m. in Amherst there was a breeze and it felt much colder. These are postcard shots!

15. Phil Lanoue says:

That is really amazing! Excellent shots!

16. supernova1c says:

Spectacular as always Donna, I bet you wish spring had come though 😉 regards James.

17. Annette says:

Amazing pictures of an awesome ice world! Hope you’ll be warmer soon though – have a good weekend, Donna 🙂

18. Les says:

Yes it’s cold, but your photos make me want to see this.

19. Such enormous tons of water…turned to ice-in-frozen-action…your pictorial informative post is breath taking…
    peace

20. Stunning shots I never tire of…love that last shot.