Lewiston Garden Club Plant Sale

10 am-1 pm
Red Brick Gym
North 4th and Onondaga Streets
Lewiston, NY

RealWind

Potted Perennials for Sale

Many sun and shade loving plants from which to choose, along with items for your garden. Some of the plants to be featured are hostas, ferns, black-eyed Susans, wild English ginger, true Solomon’s seal, named daylilies, irises and more.

Orchid-Surprise

All three specialty daylilies in this post will be for sale – not your everyday daylilies!!! Shown are those blooming in my garden last year.

And don’t forget…

8.5LewPoster2014

The Garden Club is planning its ninth annual GardenFest to be held on June 21 and 22 along Center Street from 10am to 5pm. Free to the public. For more information on GardenFest, call 716-754-7048 or visit www.lewistongardenfest.com. For vendor information, call 716-297-5925.

For visitors outside our area, make sure and see the previous posts on the colorful Warblers. Next post is on birds raising a few questions.

This entry was posted in garden, Plants and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Lewiston Garden Club Plant Sale

1. Debra says:

Nice poster. I believe I can guess the name of the artist. 😉
    I have a special love for solomon’s seal because it was the first wildflower I learned to identify.

2. Tom Clarke says:

Hi Donna,
    Let me guess, is the photo of the first daylily a “Becky Lynn”? That’s the name of one of my daughters and is a favorite flower of mine.
    Tom

3. swo8 says:

I think that is a Day Lilly? Very pretty.
    Leslie

4. Did you design the poster for the Gardenfest? It’s beautiful.

5. Wish I was going to be in the area for either event. You can never have enough perennials! Beautiful photos!

6. lulu says:

When I saw Lewiston, I thought it might be Maine though I know you are in NY. Lots of day lilies bloom in my garden, but not until July/August.

7. Barb says:

Thank you for the lovely post, Donna, but for those of your followers who may wish to come to the Perennial Sale, it begins at 10:00 a.m.! (Though customers often begin to line up outside the door long before?)

8. I didn’t have this on the Events page for Buffalo-NiagaraGardening.com, but I have added it.

9. It would be really nice if I could visit… what a treat! 🙂

10. My Heartsong says:

I like that poster, may have even voted for it. As for names, I am not much above the “pretty flower” stage. The colours in the first photo are so amazing!

Great poster! The pictures are beautiful.

12. Looks like a great sale! Too bad I won’t be in the neighborhood.

13. What pretty day lilies. I’ve never grown them but I think they are lovely flowers. When I saw, Lewiston in the title I thought of Lewiston, Idaho. – You should hear my funny travel story about that. Sometime if you’re interested email me and I’ll tell you about it.

14. Hi, In reply to your comment on my Wrought Iron fence shot today. The fencing is actually “black” but the evening sun was casting a bluish tint on the fence. Many have commented about the blue color so I thought I should clarify.