Holes – What’s in the Hole?

Flicker

Northern Flicker

To find out, you sometimes have to wait a while. I am not a waiter. Give me a brownie point for this post.

Starling-in-Tree-Hole

European Starling

Purple-Martin

Purple Martin

Owlet

Great Horned Owl baby. See it?

Tree-Swallow-in-House

Tree Swallow

Bluebird

Bluebird

More Bluebirds on the way…

Flicker-in-Hole

Had to show you the Flicker again, eying me up.

I am in PA this week and am without internet access. Please leave a kind comment on any of the scheduled posts this week, and I will get back to you when I return. Have a wonderful day and don’t fall in any holes!

This entry was posted in Birds, garden and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Holes – What’s in the Hole?

1. Gill McGrath says:

fabulous well done

2. cindy knoke says:

Wonderful!! Kudos!

3. COOL Captures – love the baby owl 🙂 Happy Week!

4. I love this theme!!! All holes come with such pleasant and joyful surprises!!!! Exquisite shots, Donna! 🙂

5. My Heartsong says:

Going outdoors then come home and publish my photos. I am having a blast now that the birds are back. Great idea for a blog. I am always looking at holes but probably not for long enough.Happy shooting!

6. swo8 says:

They are just like the rest of us, looking for a place to call home.
    Leslie

7. wow! your patience has been rewarded 🙂
    great photos.

8. I loved the photos! Great shots. Not liking the starling. Don’t they lay their eggs in other birds nests so the other birds will raise their young?

9. alesiablogs says:

I absolutely love these shots!

10. elisa ruland says:

A fabulous shot…love it!

11. Tilly Frueh says:

I just happened upon your blog and have really enjoyed it. Look forward to going through more of your posts.

12. All great photos, but the first was my favorite! Blessings, Natalie 🙂

13. Jean says:

Such lovely bird photos –great herald to spring!

14. Wow I waited and completely missed the blue tit! Kudos 😉

15. Wow! Not only is that an amazing photo, but I’ve never seen a northern flicker before. Very cool.

16. Patty says:

If only I saw the holes for the trees.

17. acuriousgal says:

Love all these guys poking their heads out at you!! I captured a a Tree Swallow(did not know what it was, so thank you for that) sitting on top of a birdhouse. I thought all swallows made those mud nests….guess not!! Enjoy your time in PA.

18. Love the pics of the flickers. I suspect they are nesting in the cottonwood across the alley.

19. Jennifer says:

You certainly do deserve brownie points! It would have been super easy to have missed the owl. He or she was pretty hidden. I especially admire the first bird, the Northern Flicker. Hope you are having a great trip!

20. Debra says:

What a great series of images. Cheers!

21. You get my brownie points … always! I don’t know how you do it with the birds. You capture them in the most interesting places and poses. Have a great trip!

22. Lots of brownie points because these were wonderful. I loved the Flicker and that little Owl.

23. lsproull23 says:

Cool pics, when I try to take bird pics, they always move before I get a shot out.

24. bittster says:

So did you enjoy your time away from the www? Sometimes it can be very grounding as to what you’re doing with your time when you’re forced to cut loose…. I am impressed by your patience in waiting for hole visitors! Lol

25. I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU DO IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!! Just amazing captures. That baby owl!!!!! The first guy peeking out of his hole…sigh.

26. I adore seeing these critters using the tree holes especially the flicker.