May Garden is for Bulbs and More

Garden-in-May

Just a quickie at home… before the woodlands pop with spring flowers and I discuss making your woodlands as a destination place.

White-Tulips

White-Iris5-27-14

Viburnum

Muscari-BH

Blue-and-white

Front-Garden5-26-14

And more and more…

Gallium-oderatum

Back-Garden5-26-14Back-Garden-May

Sage5-27-14

Front-Bed5-27-14

This entry was posted in garden and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to May Garden is for Bulbs and More

1. Wow! What a beautiful spring garden!!! So much in bloom and wonderful photos to share with us. I loved it!

2. Gorgeous! What is that yellow and white flower on the right, second from the top? I have it, but didn’t label it well.

3. Jenny says:

Lovely spring blooms! Here in Raleigh, NC we’re about 6 weeks ahead of you, it seems, so these photos evoke wonderful memories of the cooler nights and softer days of the spring that came and went too quickly for my liking! Thanks for sharing, there’s lots of inspiration for fall bulb planting in these photos.

4. So nice to see your garden again and at such a pretty time of year.

5. Such lovely flowers and images! It makes me miss the Midwest!

Tamara

6. Ah, Donna, what a garden!!!! The colors – the arrangements… This garden is smiling back and it’s because of the love gone into it! Thank you for deciding to share it. 🙂

7. Denise says:

So many flowers! Pollinators paradise!

8. Very pretty! I love flowers.

9. Surely enjoyed my stroll Donna! Lovely gardens, but would expect nothing less. (:

10. Wow! I love all that blue (and purple) paired with pink, white, yellow … Is that Myosotis? Does itself-sow in your garden?

• It is Forget-me-nots. Blue/purple is consistent in my garden through the seasons, Catmint, blue iris and Amsonia soon to bloom. I thought something ate the Amsonia, but in all the foliage, I did find them coming up.

11. My Heartsong says:

A beautiful garden-a nourishing place for the soul.

12. You do have a way with colors. An enjoyable visual stroll through such lush gardens. Are all of these images your garden?

13. acuriousgal says:

So very beautiful, is this your home garden? Wow!!! Love!!!

14. Annette says:

How beautiful, Donna, and I’m pleased that family Squirrel has left a few tulips for you to enjoy. 🙂

• They missed the late blooming tulips thankfully, but picked off all the species tulip blooms. I guess they like “homemade” foods. Not very cosmopolitan on them though. 😀

15. lucindalines says:

So beautiful and May. A garden couldn’t look like that around here in May. Although if it were smaller and more sheltered, perhaps. My yard is at the edge of town and wide open, so heat is either rare or intense, no real middle. Thanks for sharing with us.

16. Rose says:

So many lovely spring bloomers! Spring is my favorite time of year, and I already miss the tulips and all the delicate blooms of spring. I love seeing the garden wake up with so many gorgeous colors.

• We got some very warm weather yesterday and I chopped all the yellow tulips down. Amazing how they despise the heat. The cool weather was having them last longer than usual too. I love the Allium and look forward to it each year. For the last few years I have been traveling and missed them, I thought I would too this year, but cooler weather helped.

17. Such a lovely garden. I enjoyed your tour and all your beautiful flowers.

18. Brian Comeau says:

It’s looking pretty fabulous!

Stunning! You have such a wonderful garden. Thank you for sharing it with us!

20. Beautiful Donna and so much further ahead than my garden…we are still waiting for so many plants to grow, or I hope they will grow. Love seeing your gorgeous flowers.

21. bittster says:

Looks great. Glad to see that spring made it up to you full force with all the flowers and green and I’m glad you put up some pictures of your own garden. I still have your woodland posts to look forward to, but I think I’ve run out of computer time tonight lol

22. After this terrible winter, what JOY to have a garden such as yours.