Thursday Thoughts – Nature Gives Freely

Sparrow1-12-15

Nature has purpose each and every season, each and every day.

It seems to effortlessly accomplish its purpose without struggle or despair, unencumbered from the burden of emotions.

It is efficient without waste, and all of this is done in such a graceful quiet. Look at a meadow of grasses in winter for how alive, complex, fascinating, and beautiful it is, even in the tawny, dry way in which it is framed. Much happens there, and it never is without interest. So alive in the calm stillness of the meadow, yet people will look and see nothing. Not me, I see even the small happenings.

Sparrow1-12-15-3

The snow falls quietly, but something is always brewing. Nature and Wildlife Pics asks some pretty interesting questions on the dynamics happening in this meadow. The post looks provocatively into nature’s plan.

This entry was posted in garden, Nature, photography and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Thursday Thoughts – Nature Gives Freely

1. swo8 says:

You have to give those little birds a lot of creidit for sticking it out in this climate. Lovely pictures.
    Leslie

2. aussiebirder says:

Beautifully photographed and expressed with poetic sensitivity. You have a deeply thoughtful spirit, which I believe is a wonderful attribute because it allows us to appreciate and ponder upon the world around us and hear it’s voice to us of life and its meaning. The seasons of life and the changes they bring to us are all important challenges for growth and renewal, and need not be threatening as many of us fear change. Thanks for sharing it is inspiring the way you express your posts.

• Thank you so much, you are so kind. I agree the seasons allow for growth and change. Every passing year, I think more and more on those changes and look for meaning where it can be found.

• Mickey Robertson says:

Aussiebirder, well put and so true! Donna has amazing talent and also something more which resonates within me. You also feel the connection and spirituality of Donna’s spirit! We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

• I totally agree with what aussiebirder has written. Thank you, my sentiments exactly.
      And your photos were beautiful as well. I always know in the fall that winter is approaching when the juncos and tree sparrows arrive from the arctic. But then I also know that winter is finally over when they leave as well.

3. What a lovely post! I always enjoy your photos.

4. Winter is such a wonderful spot of time in the year to give a bit of thought to our larger world…Your words and photos do our world real justice.

5. Love the photos of the birds on the grasses.

6. M@Home says:

Beautiful photos! Your post made me feel as if I am missing out. I live in South Africa in a region (Western Cape, Cape town) where we only see snow on the mountain tops, so the images you have posted is not something we really experience. Beautiful.

7. kerlund74 says:

Wonderful tribute to nature as the grestest of artists:)

8. There really is a lot going on out in nature even in the harshest months. Often we miss it because we are indoors trying to stay warm but get outdoors and life continues to move on.

• I spend a lot of time outside in winter. Today the wind was biting, but I was out walking for a while. No camera shots, just walking. What is nice about it is there are very few people. It is relaxing walking when others are not about.

9. Cathy Testa says:

So appropriate – your title – Nature Gives Freely!

10. Mickey Robertson says:

Hi Donna! Your work is always a joy for me & today it has been a special blessing. It was just what I needed to see! We don’t have snow where I live (well, not very often!), and I seldom leave the house, but yesterday my husband drove me to a doctor’s appointment and I thought how sad and dreary it is outdoors right now, all the brown shrubbery & trees & then today I see your work covering that very subject and showing and telling all that is going on there even in the ‘bleak mid-winter’. I have mentioned before that I am in very poor health and your work always brings the beauty of the world to me! You are doing so much more than just writing a blog and taking pictures. Your work has a special quality that just adds so much more to all that you do and God uses your work to bless others. I was in the hospital & I missed alot of your work, I remember reading you were having some health problems and then you also did some traveling. I am sorry to have missed all that, but I sincerely hope you are doing well now. I just wanted to thank you for adding so much to my life. Thank you, Donna! Best, (Ms.) Mickey Robertson

• So sad you are in such bad health and had hospital stays. I wish you well and will say some prayers. Thank you for your kind words. I am doing fine, but still have quite a few tests yet to take. One I am not looking forward to. I rescheduled it to after my Maui trip just in case things do not go as planned and I am forced into an operation. I did not want the off chance of that happening to ruin my trip.

• Mickey Robertson says:

I will add you to my prayer list, too, Donna. And positive thoughts that all will go well for you. I remember a good while ago, a doctor told me, “Why do people always immediately think the worst?” I learned from that thoughtful comment and try hard to think of all the good things that can happen & concentrate as much as possible on all the good things that are now and that can and will be. You are a special person and I believe that all will go well for you. You surely have many fans/friends ‘rooting’ for you! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers on my behalf more than words can express! God bless!

11. I always feel sorry for people who look and don’t see but as in all things it requires training of the eye.

12. roger Brook says:

Lovely pictures as ever Donna and of course nature is really wonderful.
    I don’t wear your rose coloured spectacles as to its lack of struggle and despair!
    sorry to be a cynic!

• I think nature just happens as it is supposed to, even with the struggles man interjects. The struggle and despair are things of our creation, nature just does what nature does independent of all the emotion man places on its events. Disaster maybe a hardship for animals, but they cope to survive. We really approach natural disaster differently.

13. Yes, there a lot happening when you look at the details.

14. Lula says:

Fascinating, thanks for the image of wintery nature. About changes in life, sometimes we receive messages in a very weird way, is just a matter of stop and listen, the answer are always there. Is a great attribute the ability of observation.

15. Indie says:

That is one reason I love watching birds in the winter – it reminds me that life is still going on outside, even though so many things look dead. Nature does have a plan, and winter is part of it.

16. Aquileana says:

Hi Donna!~ What are remarkable post… So beautiful… Almost poetic!~
    Happy weekend to you. Best wishes, Aquileana 😀

17. Just looking out into my back gardens and meadow I am always seeing nature hunting, foraging, living their amazing lives with a purpose….lots to learn from nature.