Coming Home – Reluctantly!

Reluctantly you ask?

Leaving Maui

Leaving Maui

Coming from two beautiful destinations, it really was hard to leave both Seattle and Maui.

I really wish I would have scheduled more days in the sun and I do mean SUN. When I arrived in Seattle, the sun was shining brightly into the next day. I will have Seattle images coming up soon, as we visited many of the local attractions – like Snosqualmie Falls.

Snosqualmie Falls in Washington State

Snosqualmie Falls in Washington State

My host, Alesia, was very nice to take me on the whirlwind tour. We both mentioned it would have been nice if I stayed a bit longer in her beautiful state. After we returned from Maui, it was rain, rain and more rain in Seattle. It also rained in Seattle all during our vacation in Hawaii.

Maui Beach, Morning We Left

Maui Beach, Morning We Left

We both were happy to leave rainy Seattle behind, yet the last few days in Maui, it rained quite a bit in a place that gets little precipitation. In Seattle, there was flood watches, in Maui, they experienced more rain than usual according to the locals. Returning to Seattle, we came back to rain. Of course that does not stop me from seeing the area, it just makes the photos less appealing.

Leaving Seattle

Leaving Seattle

I am posting this from the sky on my Delta flight, so the image above was taken after take off.

View of the ocean from the rear of our condo.

View of the ocean from the rear of our condo.

View of Kihei, Maui from our condo complex.

View of Kihei, Maui from our condo complex.

The two images above were taken before we left for the airport. My flight out of Seattle was delayed for an hour, and I have only an hour layover in Detroit. Looks like I will miss my flight to Buffalo. I hope that does not happen and the pilot flies fast! Oh well, see you from Niagara Falls sometime tomorrow.

image

This entry was posted in garden, Nature, photography, photos, Travel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Coming Home – Reluctantly!

1. Loretta says:

They say Seattle is comparable to the UK- it is actually true, lots of rain and green, green grass 🙂

2. Indie says:

All the rain is probably why it is so green in those places, though! What a beautiful waterfall, and what a gorgeous sunset! Welcome back home, though I know you would have enjoyed a few more days on vacation!

3. alesiablogs says:

We are flooding in some areas! Remember yesterday how I was saying that I had never seen water that high! Well—-it got higher! Hey —we might have got stuck up at Snoqualmie Falls if we had stayed longer!!!!!!!Miss you all ready…..

4. I have really enjoyed your Hawaii photos and I am anxious to see the experiences you brought back from Seattle.

5. bittster says:

Ahhhhhh. I bet you are completely recharged and ready to go! I’m looking forward to more pictures 🙂

6. I’m glad you had such a great time. I hope your flight isn’t delayed.

7. rose says:

Hope you made it home safely and on time! Now I’m off to see your whales.

8. Everything is so nice and green there! Glad you had a great time even though it rained. Still white in New York. Loved all your photos!

9. I’m with you…rain would not stop me from seeing the sights as we get so much gray rainy weather here in spring and summer so no difference. Actually when my brother lived in Seattle, I would love to visit the area. And the joke was Syracuse was as gray if not cloudier than Seattle. Glad you had a great time. And I would hate to leave too.

10. You’ve had a full-sensory experience, from extremes in weather to different vantage points and landscapes. i sometimes enjoy those surprise airport detours and delays – but they make one happy to reach home sweet home!

11. Welcome back! Too bad about the extra rain, but still sounds like a wonderful trip.

12. Spectacular photography Donna, particularly the third shot of the clouds overhanging the beach on the morning you left. Holiday destinations always seem at the best when you have to leave!

13. Welcome back, Donna! I bet that suitcase is chock-full of wonderful memories and I hope you’ll share some with us! 🙂 Happy Sunday and week ahead!! 🙂

14. Welcome back home! I am looking forward to your Seattle visit…I lived there as a child and we often visited Snosqualmie Falls where we ate Sunday brunch and then went hiking. I have great memories of that place. I wonder how much it has changed. I read a statistic the other day that said Georgia gets more annual rainfall than Seattle. Who knew! The difference is we get most our rain in winter and have dry summers when we need the rain for our gardens.

15. Debra says:

Wow. Such beauty. I never minded the rain much when I lived on the west coast. The mists and gentle sunlight were easy on the eyes. But. That shot of the Maui beach — amazing.

16. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip, Donna, in spite of the rain. You have traveled so much this last year and I am enjoying accompanying you vicariously. The beautiful dawn beach shot is my favorite here. P. x

17. Aquileana says:

Absolutely impressive shots dear Donna… All my best wishes to you. Aquileana 😀

Those falls are impressive! I have never been to Seattle, but am considering a visit there the next time I visit my son in Portland. I am torn between Seattle and sightseeing some places in Oregon I have not seen.

19. Lula says:

That’s one of a reportage from the air! I hope you had fantastic time in Hawaii despite the rain