A Garden Club Member’s Beautiful Garden

Barbs-Garden-6

When I arrived at Barb’s house to photograph her late Spring garden, it was raining.

We had just got back from the Daylily farm, after selecting Daylilies to be purchased for our Garden Club Perennial Sale. Each of us plant the daylilies in our gardens to multiply in the coming years, to have an endless supply for the sale. One of the gallery images shows Barb’s Daylily bed, formally her vegetable garden.

Barbs-Garden-1

You can readily see Barbara is a great gardener and loves color and lots of flowers. Click through the images and take a tour of her back gardens. The property is much bigger than my garden, but by many I deal with not large at all, but still quite a bit to tend.

I do have to visit on a sunnier day or maybe a late afternoon to show the garden at its best.

I hope you enjoyed this look into one of our Garden Club member’s gardens.

And remember, spring is on the way.

Barbs-Garden-3

This entry was posted in garden, photos, Photoshop, Wildlife and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to A Garden Club Member’s Beautiful Garden

1. Helen Johnstone says:

Its beautiful and so neat

2. That’s a great reminder about Spring coming, Donna! 🙂

3. rose says:

A lovely garden, and such a nice diversion from all the snowy scenes right now! I always enjoy touring friends’ gardens; unlike the big public gardens, I usually find more practical ideas that I want to try in my own garden.

4. That’s what I wish my yard looked like!

5. Debbee🐝 says:

So so so beautiful to see, you made my day! Something to look forward to…Thanks for the pick me up especially when I look outside seeing snow…again⛄️

6. lorieb says:

beautiful reminder that spring is coming soon (not soon enough for me) thanks for sharing!

7. What beautiful and relaxing gardens. A beautiful sight for the eyes. Thank you to you and Barb for sharing them with us. Many dedicated hours of loving work go into the planning and upkeep of those gardens.

8. Just what I needed on this snowy freezing day.

9. Such a beautiful garden. It looks like a sanctuary to relax in away from the hustle and bustle of the world.

10. Barb says:

What a lovely surprise to find these pictures! Thank you for this reminder of why I look forward to coming back evey year. And did you intend this as a birthday present? It is, and it’s much appreciated. Thanks!

11. Cathy says:

Rainy day or not, it’s gorgeous! This is such a haven… thanks for sharing this amazing spot with us!

12. bittster says:

Spring can’t come fast enough after seeing this! What a perfectly maintained garden, and so much color in such a restful spot. I feel like it would be easy to spend an entire afternoon out there (hopefully in drier weather!)

13. Thanks for the reminder, I needed it. Is that Astilbe and Aruncus I see? They seem to be thriving in a full sun area, which surprises me.

14. This is such a beautiful garden Donna. I love every aspect of it and so enjoyed the tour. It gives hope for spring. Thank you so much for sharing!

15. These gardens are really beautiful Donna and are a nice reminder that spring is on the way. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely photos with us. (Sorry if there are multiple comments….couldn’t get it to work for some reason so I am posting from my other blog.). Great post!

16. That’s a beautiful garden–approachable, yet artfully and carefully tended. It’s one of my favorite garden styles. An amazing plant collection, arranged in a beautiful way.

17. Such a lovely garden…..love visiting it and its owner!

18. Indie says:

Her trees are so beautiful! I love the shapes in the garden with all the curved beds and how the different trees are placed. And how great to see some blooms and a little reminder of spring. Lovely! I can’t wait until spring!

19. What stood out for me first was the all the different greens especially the chartreuse….a gorgeous backdrop for the colors and forms of the beds.

My first word at the fist photo was “Oh!” So jam-packed with plants with all sorts of flowers. Yes, it does look like a lot of work, but a labor of love. It seems quite peaceful there. I love the weeping tree!

21. susieq says:

Beautiful garden with a nice variety of plants; and just what we need to see right know…reminders that spring and summer are right around the corner.

22. Gloria says:

A magnificent garden. I really liked it. Especially trees are very beautiful. I am planning on moving to a home garden. I hope my garden would be nice.