Toronto Botanical Garden – Garden Bloggers’ Fling 2015

Toronto-Botanical-Garden-11

During the Garden Bloggers’ Fling in Toronto, we visited the Toronto Botanical Garden, and in their own words, they are “a gardening education and information centre.”

Readers here know how I feel about Botanical Gardens and City Parks. They perform many great services to cities and to a greater extent than the Toronto Botanical Garden so humbly admits on their website.

Read my post on Public Gardens Matter for a bit of history how public gardens and public parks came about and why they are important to cities. If you want to know how the Toronto Botanical Garden and Edwards Gardens came about click their web page link here. There is no need for me to enlighten you on their history. But what they do for the City of Toronto is the same as what botanical gardens do worldwide to improve and enhance the way people live in cities.

Toronto-Botanical-Garden-17

Take a tour though my images because what the TBG did in creating this small 4 acre parcel is quite amazing. Some very talented designers and staff created a very inspiring place to bring the whole family for a day of enjoyment. The Toronto Botanical Garden is located at: 777 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario. If you get a chance to visit, you won’t be disappointed with their renowned ornamental gardens. The Centre is a beautiful structure of environmental sustainability and green architecture.

Click the images in the galleries to make larger. They are worth seeing.

Toronto-Botanical-Garden-20

The TBG does a stunning job of using boxwood and Taxus in an artistic manner. See how different beds are made. This is a botanical garden I will be seeing again and am glad I live within driving distance.

This entry was posted in garden, Garden Bloggers Fling, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Toronto Botanical Garden – Garden Bloggers’ Fling 2015

1. We’re very proud of the Toronto Botanical Garden, and feel it was the perfect place to end the Fling. Thanks, Donna, for your kind words.

• It was a perfect ending, like the best for last, but then again, I am partial to well designed public gardens. Already a few folks have told me they will be visiting. I would not be short of traveling partners when I go back.

2. swo8 says:

Is that the old Edward’s garden? It’s on Lawrence Ave. east too.
    Leslie

3. Thanks for these images. There was a great deal in this garden I didn’t see, partly because I was concerned about Judy getting to her flight. (Though you left that evening as well, I think). Mostly we saw just the entrance garden, which I thought was amazing in itself. I hope I get to TBG again, so I can catch up on all that I missed.

4. Maria F. says:

That must have been beautiful.

5. Alisha says:

your blog is my favorite blog, I am always eagerly waiting for your new posts, It is so good to see beautiful flowers, birds, gardens etc. In fact I have never heard or seen many flowers and birds that you post and it is always interesting to know about them. I love nature and your blog is full of nature, so lively and full of energy. Thank you Donna for writing splendid blog.

• Oh thank you so much. I love nature too and every day is like a gift seeing things new to me. Even today, I was at the Lewiston GardenFest all day (I will be there all tomorrow too sice I am a helper) and I saw many cool gardening plants and hand crafted garden items. They even had a Monarch butterfly farm exhibit with butterflies of all ages. I saw a Monarch caterpillar just hatched. I never saw one that tiny before. I took photos and was amazed the camera focused on such a small insect (1/4″ long).

6. Rebecca says:

What a beautiful place – so well maintained, full of inspiration. Your photos surely are the next best thing to being there!

7. Loretta says:

I’m really amazed that we never stumbled on these gardens when we were living in Toronto. We go back every year too and have never come across it. I will make it my mission to find these gardens when we visit TO in August. Thanks for the beautiful post Donna. πŸ™‚

8. I remember that you thought it might be too early in the season to see beautiful gardens. They look great to me!

9. Beautiful. What is the plant in the first image with the purple flowers and the gold leaves, looks locust-like?

10. Thank you so much for taking us on this incredible tour. Absolutely beautiful photos of a truly beautiful botanical garden.

11. alesiablogs says:

Glad you had so much fun on your trip. IT looks beautiful.

12. I loved the boxwood knot gardens! They were beautiful. It looks like you had a very busy weekend. Glad you enjoyed it. Your pictures were outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us.

13. Sorry to bombard you with all the comments at once….I have long wanted to visit this garden…it looks fabulous!