Rabbits’ Eye View

Zinnia

Did you ever notice…

your garden the way a rabbit might view it? Not in the rub the tummy sort of way, but rather way down low, at rabbit height.

Rabbit-among-annauls

The garden really looks a whole lot different generally speaking if you kneel down to snap a few shots. You might wonder when you change your views by changing the height and angle of your camera what will happen? Good things happen. Just follow our rabbit around my garden. He has his eye on the annuals.

Zinnia-1

Ironically, rabbits can’t see close up very well. I guess that is why the cute little pink nose oscillates like it is motorized.

It has been a great week in the garden, just ask the rabbits. Things are a bit more organized and we got a bit of rain. The plants are finally numerous enough to manage the intrusion and influx of weeds. The rabbits have not even caused much meddling with their munching. Those little buggers are trespassing, but not much can be done about them.

There really is more important things to worry about than relocating a few hungry rabbits. Not that they don’t do damage mind you. They girdled an expensive Cutleaf Japanese Maple I had a few years ago. Gnawed it until it croaked. I never caught the culprit that summer or he would have been stew. Check out the humorous post.

Cosmos

By kneeling down in the garden, you see the plant combinations. You can also sit and see the garden differently.

Grab a seat, rest and smell the fragrance. Carry your seat around the garden to sit for different views you might otherwise miss. It may give you some ideas for a lovely place to create a sitting area.

Lilies

One thing about rabbits, they hop from place to place at a leisurely gate, making little paths as they move, at least until frightened by the homeowner. The dash commences.

The best kind of rabbits are like the five I have shown. Harmless!

Yes, the rabbit escaped the hat. What comes of that I don’t know, but surely things are looking up. I have some travel planned to interest gardeners and some to interest travelers. The rabbit wants to spin some magic! You might be missing me for a few weeks. Time to take my well-traveled hat a gardening.

Rabbit-in-the-hat

This entry was posted in garden, Landscape Design and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Rabbits’ Eye View

1. …and what a view it is too!!!! 🙂 Happy – safe travels, my dear Donna!!!!!

2. What a great tip for photographers!

3. bittster says:

Hah! Fun post with a good point 🙂

4. christie says:

Beautiful garden photos. What kind of camera were you using for the shots?

Wonderful post! We have few rabbits in our yard. That’s probably because of the fox family that also lives with us.

6. Nice to read that things are looking up. Safe travels, Donna! Looking forward to reading you again.

7. alesiablogs says:

We have tons of rabbits hopping around here too!

8. Laurin Lindsey says:

Such a darling post! Love my stone bunnies hiding in my garden!

9. This is such an adorable post. Love your photos to go with it.

10. What a charming way to emphasize the value of taking a different ‘point of view’!

11. Interesting to have small children in the garden, too, they see things so differently! I can’t look up easily, so sometimes I lie on the small patch of grass on my back. That is a nice point of view, too.

12. Very fun post! I have been getting a sort of rabbit-level view because I have been doing a lot of weeding, but that’s an activity that doesn’t facilitate appreciating what the garden has to offer.

Enjoy your travels! I love the rabbit-eye view of your garden; it looks quite beautiful!

14. Fabulous shots Donna and I love your bunnies….I also love to lie on my tummy and take shots…more an mouse eye’s view.

15. What a fun post, Donna! I love your bunnies;but I didn’t know they couldn’t see up close. When we drive down our gravel road at night, rabbits start to dart in front of the car and then pull back to the bushes by the side of the road, but once we start up again, they run straight at the car and then swerve. Unnerving to say the least. But yours seem much better behaved.
    I love the angles you (and they) caught. There are several shots where he/she seems to be using flowers as parasols to cut down the harsh summer sunlight. In fact, using the bunnies helped me as the viewer orient myself to the level and angle. Really great idea! And the bunny in amongst the ferns is especially adorable–like something from a child’s book of gardens.

16. I recognize that hat! Have fun on your travels.

17. johnvic8 says:

For many years we have moved concrete rabbits around the garden to encourage our little grandkids to “find the rabbits.” It was much fun for them, but, alas, they have outgrown the game. Now I’m putting energy into getting rid of the real ones. Thanks for the memories.

18. My Heartsong says:

Beautifully crafted rabbits! I like the photo where it looks like she is smelling the daisies.