Bring On the Blooms in Garden Slices

Garden-Slices-14

I am sure many are dreaming of Spring right now. It’s coming, but first the snow and ice needs to vamoose. In our area, that will be in a few long, shiver-producing months.

Garden-Slices

I particularly don’t mind the snow and cold, but… there really is a big change of scenery.

I look forward to having a winter break every now and then, so I am off to Maui in a few days. I am pretty sure flowers will be blooming brightly in the Hawaiian sun. Life should be filled with adventure, or it is just a bunch of boring Tuesdays.

All the lively, bright colors of my garden will brighten a winter visit to Maui.

Garden-Slices-0

So for you folks Jonesing for blooms, here are some slices of garden bloom found in my garden the past few years, plus the garden in snow.

Think about adventure. Are you game? Adventure can be as close as getting past your front door, even when snow is on the ground. The day before I leave, you will see what it is really like during the blizzard this week. I took a trip to the Falls for some chilling images.

Garden-Slices-5

You might want to see this post one more time after seeing what winter brings here. It makes one wonder how the flowers can bloom so beautifully, like why do they ever want to come above ground.

This entry was posted in garden, Nature, photography, photos, Winter and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Bring On the Blooms in Garden Slices

1. Charlotte says:

OH, I needed to see your beautiful garden pictures today! Enjoy your trip….I’m jealous!!

2. Maria F. says:

Donna, your garden is to die for! You have so many different kinds of flowers! I enjoyed each and everyone of your photos! Thanks for sharing this!

3. johnvic8 says:

You really know how to make a man dream.

4. swo8 says:

Those photos just might help me get through the next couple of weeks, Donna. My crocuses were coming up until the snow came.
    Leslie

5. All that riot of color sure did make a cheery start to my day. I didn’t realize how much I was missing it. Have a wonderful trip and safe travels.

6. Very uplifting! Have a great trip.

7. Fabulous garden slices…have fun and safe travels! With the cold and snow, and now ice coming, winter will be here for a while longer!

The juxtaposition of your snowy garden and the slices of spring garden images was wonderful. I have seen only a few snow flurries, with no accumulation, so my winter garden is gray and brown with evergreen accents. It tends to be wet and mushy and not very pretty. So I am looking forward to the glories of spring as much as you! Have a wonderful time in Maui!

9. Love these ‘slices’…have a fantastic trip.

10. aussiebirder says:

So very beautiful Donna!

11. Have a great trip to Maui, Donna! Lovely photos from your garden!

12. Indie says:

It is amazing how plants survive and sleep through the winter to bring about such gorgeous blooms! Your garden is lovely and so colorful. Enjoy your trip! I know it will be so gorgeous there!

13. Have a great time in Maui! Take lots of pictures.

14. arlene says:

So colorful. Love them all Donna.

15. Brian Comeau says:

I really like the vertical pano images.

16. So colourful and cheerful !

17. I love a proper winter but your beautiful blooms make me wish for spring.

18. I spent time in the garden today to get ready for spring, there is so much that is already up through the ground, or showing leaves (Zone 8). The soil is pretty soft so you have to be really careful to not compact the soil.