Niagara Falls – Snow in March

It is not so uncommon to get snow in March here on the Canadian border, but the weather was rather frightening. Snow continued for a few days, but the wind was the problem blowing drifts high. I finally ventured out to a beautiful, sun filled day. I imagine quite a few of you also experienced some bad weather this week.

We got two feet of snow, but the drifts were three to four feet high against the doors to the outside. I was constantly feeding the outdoor birds and they were coming by the masses.

Last week was about 70° F and this week has been very cold. I have been watching the debates on Facebook on our responsibility for a warming world, and the folks denying it happening seem to be coming out in full force. Whether it is naturally cyclical, and/or the result of human progress, the result is still the same. Does it not seem prudent to err on the side of caution and admit something is amiss?

This entry was posted in Niagara Falls, Weather, Wildlife, Winter and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Niagara Falls – Snow in March

1. David says:

I love the chickadee photo with the soft color, the nice detail without being overly sharp, and the line of the railing pulling my eye right into the subject whether I want it to or not.

2. The weather today was gorgeous. Yes, we need to wake up to scientific facts.

3. Lisa says:

I love that little chickadee as well!
    I’ve seen reports of this finale of snow.. looks like it’s made a lot of misery.. you’ll all be happy to see the colors of spring.

how nice of you to remember your feathered friends. ha, i’ll bet that mother nature’s other creatures would have something to say about how man has selfishly altered our planet! thank goodness we have good people like you who try to maintain a balance…

thanks for all that you do!

4. aussiebirder says:

Beautiful pics Donna, the last one is stunning, such crisp definition.

5. The ducks are my favourite. And the weather is strange here, too. I’m in a gardening group on Facebook with members from all over Tasmania and everywhere trees are flowering out of season and weird things happening. We mess with nature at our peril.

6. Lula says:

Donna your images, so beautiful, in this post are so different than mine! Snow makes me envy, I would gladly try to send you sunny spring weather in exchange for some snow/rain!

7. Very wintry down here too, Donna. I have had to push off all my March events becasue the plants can’t be stored outside in pots in temperature below freezing. I am with you on erring on the side of caution. I am not sure what we achieve by denying climate change. Love your duck banner!

8. swo8 says:

Of course we got the same weather, Donna. You managed to get some lovely photos.
    Leslie

9. Life or half a life and winters in upstate NY finally drove me south. But I do admire you hardy souls that have stuck it out. Great photos.

10. Steve says:

As always some great photographs. It is a long time since we had snow like that!

11. Rose says:

Love, love the photo of the ducks near the pond! The green heads sparkle in the sunlight. I agree about climate change; whether it’s a natural cycle or global warming, it just makes sense to do what we can to prevent it and to act more responsibly.

12. We are getting crazy weather, Donna. Snowing again today. That first picture of the drake in the snow is very striking — almost surreal. P. x

13. I loved the photo of the chickadee, too! Such a sweet picture.
    I so agree with you on climate change. It would be much better to err on the side of prevention than to abandon all we have done to clean up our air, lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water.

14. alesiablogs says:

I worry about 70 degree then 20 the next day . I don’t ever remember such big change while growing up like we have now.

Snowstorms and high winds…something I don’t have to deal with anymore but I certainly know where you are coming from. I hope most of the snowfall has melted and that spring warmth will have your beautiful garden in bloom before long.

16. The winter temperatures have been so entirely unpredictable here on Long Island as well, with some of the coldest temperatures that we experienced all winter during the month of March. Your photographs of the crystal white snow and birds are really beautiful.

Your comment is most certainly appreciated! Make my day and say hi!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s